We have over 500 fragrances to suit any palate and mood. All of our fragrance oils are made to IFRA standards and are phthalate-free.
Our Premium Fragrance Oils are suitable for a number of applications, such as:
- Wax Candles/Melts
- Soaps, Potpourri & Incense
- Body Products/Lotions
- Aroma Diffusers/Vaporisers
- Reed Diffusers (once mixed with a base oil)
- Tealight or Electric Burners
Please Note: While the majority of fragrance oils are body/soap/lotion safe, some are not. If you intend to use our fragrance oils for body products please check the product description to ensure it is body safe and maximum recommended usage.
Our Premium Fragrance Oils
Are synthetic in substance in that they are not formulated directly from plant origin. Having said this, many fragrance oils do contain a high percentage of essential oils. In general, fragrance oils work better in candles than essential oils, the reason being that many are fine-tuned for the type of wax, whereas essential oils are fixed in composition.
An important consideration is that fragrance oils are no different to a high quality designer perfume, so if you're looking for a product that produces a beautiful fragrance, then this is the oil to use.
Typical usage in wax is around 10% or 100ml of oil per 1000ml of wax however we also recommend that everyone conduct their own testing. In order to achieve accurate results and consistency, it's necessary to use accurate digital scales.
Note: Whilst blending fragrance oils is possible, we have not conducted testing and therefore cannot guarantee end results. Take care to accurately follow instructions when adding fragrance as if the wax is too hot, the fragrance oil can vaporise and in some circumstances ignite. Hot temperatures can also damage the fragrance leading to a different scent than desired
In the cooler climates or temperatures certain fragrance oils can crystallize. Vanillas in particular are prone to this given the powdered raw materials necessary to make these fragrance oils. We recommend placing the fragrance bottle hot water for 5 minutes before use to remove crystallization in the oil and assist with the mixing of raw ingredients in the fragrance oil. Then be sure to mix well before use. The scent or performance of the fragrance is not effected in anyway if mixed thoroughly.
- All of our fragrance oils are packaged in phthalate-free, recyclable, PET plastic bottles (10ml bottles are glass).
- All of our fragrances are manufactured in Australia.
- None of our fragrances are tested on animals.
- Our fragrances comply with the strictest global RIFM and IFRA standards.
- All of our fragrances undergo a triple-check quality assurance program before we sell them to you. We take the time to test each batch of fragrance in finished products to ensure quality and scent throw.
- Our fragrances are premium grade; not the diluted, cheap grades sold by many companies.
- Never use fragrance oils directly on your skin; they must be diluted in a product or solvent first.
- Never consume any of our fragrances.
- Keep fragrance out of reach of children and pets.
- Wax&Wicks is not responsible for the products that you make with our supplies.
- A fragrance will not smell the same out of the bottle as it does in a finished product. Always test fragrances thoroughly in your finished product before deciding to purchase in bulk.
- To obtain the full effect of cold and hot throw allow candles to cure (set for a few days) to allow all fragrance notes to come alive. You will then get the full olfactory makeup of the fragrance.
- Shelf-life for fragrance ranges from 6 months to 1 year. For maximum shelf life, keep in a cool, dry area and not in direct sunlight.
- Citrus fragrances may have a fuel-like smell when burning. We suggest that you pour candles with citrus notes at the lowest possible temperature.
- Fragrances may discolour bath and body products. Thorough stability testing will be required of the customer in order to get the results that you desire.
- Our fragrances are sold by volume and not weight.
- All Fragrance sales are final. We suggest that you test sample sizes before ordering larger quantities.